Thursday, April 25, 2013

11th POST: THE JUKI EXCEED HZL-F400


This post is a continuation of Posts 8 and 10, presenting my search for a sewing machine for my gifted young student. I’m looking for a machine that is affordable, has the features she will need in the future, and that will serve her well, providing her with many  years of pleasurable sewing.
 
I contacted Customer Service Representative Pam Brown at sewingmachinesplus.com to ask for suggestions on what machine would be a good choice for my student. This is an excellent on-line sewing machine store where I shop when I need sewing machine items.
 
Contact Pam by e-mail pam@sewingmachinesplus.com or phone: 800-401-8151 x 128.
 
Pam replied, After listening to the features you want on a machine for your student, and the level at which she is likely to be sewing soon, I have a recommendation for her. It does have a straight stitch needle plate available ($76), and you can take off the ankle and use low shank non-snap-on feet. Pam recommended the Juki Exceed HZL-F400 Quilt Pro Computerized Sewing Machine.
 
After checking out this machine I believe this is the best home lock-stitch zigzag sewing machine on the market today. If I needed a new machine, this is the machine I would buy for myself. This machine has all the features, listed in my previous posts that I would like my student to have on her machine. It is perfect for someone doing high-end designing, drafting, and sewing. The problem now is whether my student will continue to be highly interested in sewing as this machine would require an investment of almost $1000.
  
It also has features listed below that would be wonderful for my student to have, some of which are also on the Bernini. But the Bernini is more expensive and cannot use the low-shank feet. I admit that I’m biased toward Juki machines, having been very impressed when I have sewn on their industrial machines.
 
Knee Lifting Lever. The presser foot can be raised and lowered with the knee-lifting lever. Presser foot lift is up to 12 mm when the lever is used.
 
Foot Control. The new HZL-F series trims both needle and bobbin threads automatically. Just press the heel side of the foot controller. With this feature you can concentrate on your project while automatically cutting the thread.
 
Powerful Feeding. The HZL-F400 has powerful feeding thanks to a special steel feed dog and improved presser foot construction. Heavy material projects, such as hemming denim jeans, can be sewn with ease.
 
Sensor Method Buttonhole. Using a unique sensor method, HZL-F series sews beautiful buttonholes regardless of the type of material and overlapped sections.
 
Buttonhole. There are 16 types of buttonholes are available for your needs.
Now it is possible to adjust the cutting width of buttonholes in 3 steps.
 
Easy Bobbin Thread Winding. An independent motor winds the bobbin thread.
 
Presser Foot Pressure Adjustment. The presser foot pressure can be adjusted for better sewing results according to the type of materials to be sewn.
 
Sewing Speed. Up to 900 SPM (stitches per minute).
Stitch Width Control. Up to 7mm.
Stitch Length Control. Up to 5mm.
Weight.21.6 lbs.
 
 
Bye for now,
Laurel
 
www.Laurelhoffmann.com- published bookswww.ContemporaryFashionEducation.com- school
Facebook:
Contemporary Fashion Education, Inc.
http://contemporaryfashioneducation.blogspot.com/
Laurel's Design Room Techniques book that presents sewing procedures used in high-end designing departments is available for sale at Amazon.com.
P:215 884 7065, F:215 884 3727, C:610 908 7222
 

No comments:

Post a Comment